loribonesscaswell

loribonesscaswell

Cross Stitch Before Dying

Cross Stitch Before Dying - Amanda     Lee Marcy’s mom Beverly is the costume designer for a lavish, Bollywood-style production…and she suggests Tallulah Falls as a great place to shoot part of the film. Everyone at the embroidery shop, and around town, is in a flutter that a glamorous movie production is taking place in their midst. But when the star of the film is found murdered, the police suspect Marcy’s mom, who made it no secret she did not care for the diva’s attitude regarding her wardrobe.

Marcy might as well issue an open call for suspects, because the star had a long list of enemies. To save her mom’s career and keep her from accessorizing with handcuffs, Marcy and her friends will need to stitch together the clues to catch one crafty killer who may have designs on Marcy next…

Dollycas’s Thoughts

I love this series and this book has been screaming from my shelf since it arrived. When the next installment, Thread End came out this month I knew I needed to get my butt in gear and catch up on what was happening with Marcy and Angus, her Irish wolfhound right away.

This time Marcy’s mom brings Hollywood to Tallulah Falls and all heck breaks loose. Before they even arrive Ted, Marcy’s cop boyfriend, is chasing a gunman through the streets. Then the movie people come to town and a young starlet is found dead shorty after arguing with Beverly, Marcy’s mom.

It isn’t long before the Seven Year Stitch Sit and Stitch area becomes command central for the Marcy, the Inch High Private Eye, and her friends to try to stitch all the clues together. With all the movie people in town there are plenty of suspects, the murder definitely has to be one of them right??

Amanda Lee has crafted another great story.